The chances of winning a Seatfrog upgrade differ between auctions due to the number of upgrades available to Seatfrog, and the demand for an upgrade.
Here are some tips:
- Check ‘Upgrade Now’ - is it available for your service? If so, does this fit your upgrade budget?
- Place your bid early - Seatfrog will bid on your behalf up to your highest bid. Your maximum bid is hidden from other bidders, so it’s good to bid your maximum early and let Seatfrog do the hard work for you.
- Enable push notifications – allow Seatfrog notifications in your phone settings so we can keep you updated on your progress throughout the auction.
- Keep an eye on the auction - and increase your bid if you have lost the lead.
- Check your payment details - ensure that your default payment card has not expired. Once you have decided on your maximum bid for the auction make sure you have the right payment limit set on your card.
- Set your default currency – you can select and/or change the currency with which you want to pay for your upgrade.
What are my chances of winning an upgrade?
Your chances will depend on the competition on the day of your trip. If you are travelling during a peak or holiday period, the number of participants may be higher, so the bidding may be more competitive.
Try to factor in these variables when you are setting your bid.
What happens when I win?
Congratulations! Your upgrade ticket together with your new seat information will be sent to your device. Simply find your new seat on the train and enjoy your First Class journey.