We are sorry you haven’t been able to add your trip. Please make sure you have installed the latest Seatfrog app to ensure you have access to the latest features.
If you are unsure which number to use for your booking reference, we have an article on where to find your booking reference.
We currently only accept Standard class Advance ticket types, as opposed to tickets booked in advance. We don't support Off-Peak, Anytime, Open Return, or Season flexible ticket types. We have more information on ticket eligibility here. You also have to be travelling on eligible routes and services on Virgin Train on the East Coast.
There are a few reasons why you may not be able to add your Virgin Trains on the East Coast trip:
- Did you wait for 24-hours before adding your trip?
- Do you have a season ticket?
- Are you travelling on a weekend or does part of your journey fall on a weekend?
- Did you purchase your ticket before August 2017?
- Are you still stuck?
If you booked your trip on a weekday, it takes 24-hours for your booking to appear in our systems. If you booked your trip on the weekend, your trip will appear in our systems by the following Tuesday.
If the time period has passed, and you are still unable to add your trip, please check that you are travelling on an eligible route and have an eligible ticket type. If that doesn’t work, please contact us with your trip details and a member of our customer support team will investigate your trip for you.
We currently don’t accept season tickets. We are working hard on a new feature to enable season ticket holders to bid on an upgrade.
Seatfrog upgrades are currently available on selected weekday services with Virgin Trains on the East Coast, only. If your trip takes places on a weekend there is still an opportunity to upgrade to First Class. Virgin Trains on the East Coast run a weekend upgrade service. More information can be found here.
Part of my journey falls on a weekend
If your itinerary starts on a weekend but also includes trips which are Monday to Friday, enter the date of your weekday travel in order to add your trips to Seatfrog.
Virgin Trains on the East Coast updated their website on August 2017 which included changes to how tickets are booked and issued.
We have released a new feature designed to help people who have trouble adding their trips, as well as those who've booked via third party channels:
- You can now forward your booking confirmation email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We only support Advance ticket types. Please note this is not the same as tickets booked in advance, and excludes Super Off Peak, Off-Peak, Anytime, Open Return and Season ticket types
- Your trip will be added automatically to your Seatfrog app and you’ll receive a confirmation email
- You need to forward the booking from your registered Seatfrog address
We have more info on here on forwarding your booking confirmation here.