There are two ways you can load your trip into Seatfrog:
- Enter your booking reference and trip details directly into your Seatfrog app.
- Forward your booking confirmation email for travel on London North Eastern Railway to email@example.com.
Once you have purchased an eligible ticket directly from a Seatfrog travel partner follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Seatfrog app.
- Tap on the 'Let's Upgrade!' button.
To add your train trip:
- Select where your ticket was purchased. If you don't see the company you used, select 'Other' and follow in app instructions.
- Enter your booking reference.
- Enter your departure date.
- Search for your trip.
- If you’re having problems identifying your booking reference, you can read our article on where to find your booking reference.
Forwarding your booking confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seatfrog can automatically add LNER trips booked direct and via a number third party websites.
Simply forward your booking confirmation email to email@example.com. That's it... we will do the rest!
- Create a Seatfrog account.
- Forward your booking confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email confirmation - once processed, you will receive an email notification to let you know the status and eligibility of your trip/s.
Hint: If you submit your confirmation email from an email address not already registered to a Seatfrog account, you will receive an ‘unable to add your trip’ notification email. You will then need to forward your original confirmation email to the account registered with your Seatfrog account, and then forward it again to email@example.com.
Problem with your confirmation email? Visit our help centre for reasons why you may be experiencing trouble.
What happens when I forward my confirmation email?
Seatfrog will automatically add any eligible trips to your app. You will be sent a notification email confirming which trips have been added and which trips could have Seatfrog upgrade available.
Why does the email have to be the same as my registered Seatfrog email?
You will need to forward your original booking confirmation email from your registered Seatfrog email account so we can match and verify your details. Once matched, your trip will be added to the right account. We will send you a notification email to let you know if your trip was added successfully.
What happens if I have multiple travellers on my confirmation email?
If you are travelling as a couple or group, you can bid through the one Seatfrog account to upgrade together. Before placing a bid in the auction, make sure you select the number of upgrades you wish to bid for, and confirm.
Find out what to do if you are travelling as a couple or group.
What if firstname.lastname@example.org has trouble finding my trip?
If your trip details cannot be found within your forwarded booking confirmation email, you’ll receive a notification email with the headline “We had trouble adding your trip”. There are a number of reasons why your trip may not be found.
If you have booked a London North Eastern Railway Standard Advance weekday ticket, with any of the supported third parties and we were still unable to add your trip to Seatfrog, please email our support team at email@example.com and they will look into it for you.
My trip was incorrectly added
If you think the booking details entered into your Seatfrog app are incorrect, please forward your booking confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our customer support team will investigate further.
How do I forward my booking confirmation email to email@example.com through my phone?
Here are the general steps across iOS and Android:
- Copy email address - from your Seatfrog app, click on the ‘copy email’ button on the pop up.
- Open your email account - go into your apps and open the email account where you received your booking confirmation email.
- Open the email and click on ‘forward’ - this could appear in a number of different ways (see below hint).
- Paste the email firstname.lastname@example.org into your ‘to’ section - you can do this by holding down your finger in the ‘to’ field until a pop up appears ‘paste’ and select. The email address should then appear.
If you're using an iPhone to forward your booking confirmation, avoid highlighting the text on your inbox display and pressing forward. This will only send the highlighted text rather than your full booking confirmation.
Hint: Some email accounts have different icons for forwarding, from ‘arrows’ to ‘dots’ directing you to a drop down menu.