Supported ticket types
We currently support Standard Advance ticket types on selected services Monday to Sunday with Virgin Trains. Services are selected based on two factors:
- Availability i.e. if there are empty First Class seats available throughout the duration of the entire service
- Operational factors
How do I buy an eligible ticket?
- You need to be 18 years of age or over
- Book a service operated by Virgin Trains through Virgin Trains website/app or through a supported third party website
- Book at least 24 hours prior to departure
- When choosing your ticket, select 'Standard Advance Ticket'
If you booked directly with Virgin Trains, you'll need to wait for 24 hours for your booking details to reach us, so that we can see it in the Seatfrog app.
You also might find these articles useful:
- Find out how to add your booking to Seatfrog.
- Having trouble finding your booking reference?
- See what third party websites are supported?
Please note: Travellers who require assistance should contact the Virgin Trains Journey Care team and check availability for their journey prior to participation in a Seatfrog upgrade auction.