Food and drink service on board
With social distancing measures in place and to avoid the spread of coronavirus, at-seat services are currently suspended. Some rail operators are unable to provide any onboard refreshments, while others have refreshments available to collect from their onboard shop. So, you may need to stock up on Percy Pigs and flat whites before boarding.
Please check with the rail company you are travelling with to see their current First Class offering:
- Avanti West Coast: Have returned to First Class at-seat service, meaning you won’t have to leave your seat to stay refreshed onboard. There will, be a reduction to the food and drink offering to help maintain safe travels. More info and menu details here: https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/tickets-and-savings/first-class/first-class-menus
- GWR: Food or drink is currently not being served onboard, so please bring your own refreshments. You may see some small trials on select trains with a limited menu while they work on understanding what can be served safely in order to gradually bring the service back - See more information here: https://www.gwr.com/safety
- LNER: First Class Lounges are open again for those with a valid First Class ticket - unfortunately, refreshments won't be available until further notice. Additional cleaning measures are in place to keep you and colleagues safe. Onboard, a complimentary hot and soft drink and snack offer will be available, as well as a limited menu to purchase from at the Let's Eat cafe bar. See here for more information: https://www.lner.co.uk/travel-information/coronavirus-travel-information/
- C̶r̶o̶s̶s̶C̶o̶u̶n̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶i̶n̶s̶:̶ ̶h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶w̶w̶w̶.̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶r̶y̶t̶r̶a̶i̶n̶s̶.̶c̶o̶.̶u̶k̶/̶c̶o̶r̶o̶n̶a̶v̶i̶r̶u̶s̶ ̶*
* Currently, Seatfrog upgrades on CrossCountry Trains services are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
With some of our carriers, you may not be assigned a specific seat with your Seatfrog upgrade. When this happens you'll still follow the usual process when arriving at the station and passing through the station barriers, however when boarding the train, you'll need to find a socially-distanced seat. Where possible, please follow the guidance below when taking a seat onboard:
- Sit at a window seat.
- Sit one person per row.
- Leave two empty rows between occupied seats.
- Sit on alternate sides of the coach.
- Avoid facing other passengers.
- No standing.
- If you’re travelling with other members of your household, you may sit together. But, please maintain a safe distance from others.
For further information from our carriers, please visit their travel guidance below:
- Avanti West Coast: https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/help-and-support/coronavirus-travel-information
- CrossCountry Trains: https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/coronavirus
- GWR: https://www.gwr.com/safety
- LNER: https://www.lner.co.uk/travel-information/coronavirus-travel-information/
If you've placed a bid and are no longer travelling:
Change your bid before the auction goes live
If the auction hasn't opened you may change the value or quantity of your bid. To do this you just need to go back to the bidding screen and enter the correct details, then confirm. As you can only have one active bid on your account, this will take the place of any previous bids you made.
Remember bids aren't able to go lower than the reserve price.
Remove your bid before the auction goes live
If you have placed a bid and are no longer travelling you may be able to retract the bid yourself, depending on your device. Or you can ask a lovely member of the Seatfrog to do it for you.
iOS users can follow the process outlined here: iOS: How to remove a trip. Following these steps will remove the trip from your account, as well as the bid.
Android users should write to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be able to help.
Remove your bid from a live auction
Normally a bid can't be removed once it's in a live auction. Though, with the current situation, we understand that plans may need to change at short notice or you may not be able to travel at all.
If the auction has started and you need to cancel a bid please get in touch with us by writing to email@example.com.
Won an upgrade, but couldn't travel
If you're no longer travelling due to the government's advice but you have won an upgrade, please get in contact with our help team. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write to us using your registered email address, or include it in the email, so that we can identify your account.
For further information on coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the Government website, here.