Bid for multiple upgrades and upgrade together!
Steps to bid for multiple upgrades
- Select how many upgrades you want - remember, everyone in your group must hold their eligible tickets to travel.
- Set your price - Seatfrog will bid on your behalf up to your set amount for each upgrade or you may win an early upgrade before the auction closes.
- Submit your bid - we’ll keep you updated on availability so you don’t upgrade alone, unless you want to!
- Get upgraded in seconds - all upgrades are sent directly to your phone so you can enjoy First Class as soon as you’re onboard.
How pricing works
When you select to bid on more than one upgrade, your bid amount will be multiplied by the number of upgrades you’ve chosen to bid on. For example, the image below outlines that this passenger has chosen to bid on 2 upgrades to the amount of £18 each. This is a total of £36. You must tap ‘place your bid’ to confirm this action and progress in the auction.
Why did the availability change during the auction?
Upgrade availability can change during an auction for various reasons:
- A fellow passenger has decided to use the ‘Upgrade Now’ feature to secure an early upgrade for a higher set price before the auction ends.
- A passenger has bid past a price point and has been automatically awarded an upgrade.
If you’re participating in the auction, you will be kept up to date with availability for your chosen quantity via push notifications and alerts. You will not win an auction for an upgrade quantity you did not confirm.
For example: If you are bidding on 2 upgrades and one was sold in the auction because another participant reaches a price point. You’ll receive a notification that there are no longer enough upgrades for your selection, you will also be outbid. So you will not win any upgrades... unless you place a bid for one upgrade and travel in First Class solo.
Can my group sit together?
When allocating upgrades, we do our best to place passengers together as often as possible. However, due to pre-existing reservations and the last-minute nature of Seatfrog upgrades, we can’t always guarantee that winners will be allocated upgrades together.
If you are able to find unreserved spaces that are together and not occupied, you are welcome to relocate to sit with all upgraded members of your party. We just ask that you let the train manager know you have moved, so your original allocated seats can be made available to other passengers on your train.
Tips for bidding on multiple upgrades
- There are a minimum of two upgrades available on all eligible services.
- Bid a higher amount per upgrade - don’t bid in small amounts, let Seatfrog bid on your behalf so you are more competitive through the auction.
- As long as the reserve price is met, one upgrade will go to the highest bidder at the end of the auction. During the auction, the remaining upgrades are issued immediately by bidding above certain price points - this is why we encourage you to bid higher to reach one of these price points.
- Set a pre-bid and you may win a price point upgrade before the auction opens, then you just have to bid for your second upgrade on the day.
Your payment will be processed on your default payment card within your Seatfrog app. Remember, the amount that will be processed on your payment card will be: price per upgrade x number of upgrades.
You cannot split payment. If you wish to split the payment, you will need to bid as individuals with your own, separate Seatfrog accounts.
How do I receive my upgrades?
All your upgrade barcodes will be loaded onto your Seatfrog app and you’ll be sent copies to your Seatfrog registered email address.
You must show all your upgrade barcodes to the train manager by scrolling across to each one, along with your eligible Standard tickets to the train manager when they come through your coach. If you and your friends are on separate tickets, you must ensure you all have your eligible Standard tickets.
If your friends wish to scan their own barcodes separately simply forward the email with the upgrades barcodes to them.
Travelling with children or people under 18 years old
People under 18 are ineligible to bid on an upgrade. If you are an adult travelling with children, you can bid for an upgrade at your own discretion but you must keep in mind that Seatfrog upgrades are not necessarily allocated together so you may not be upgraded together.
If you are able to find unreserved spaces that are together and not occupied, you are welcome to relocate to sit with all upgraded members of your party. We just ask that you let the train manager know you have moved, so your original reservations can be made available to other passengers on your train.